To implement and facilitate school, family and community partnerships to promote healthy, safe and drug-free lifestyles for the well being of all Tazewell County residents.
Goals: SATIRA has five (5) main goals:
- Educate and enable youth to reject illegal drugs, alcohol and tobacco (ATOD).
- Increase media partnerships and public relations that target the use of illegal drugs.
- Increase parental (caregiver) education and support regarding drug and alcohol use.
- Improve the coordination and collaboration among all sectors of the community.
- Maintain a clearinghouse of ATOD education, information, resources and drug/alcohol and other prevention related issues.